Mon, Feb 06|
Denson-EL University (DEU)
Denson EL University (DEU)
DEC University-. We offer Post Pandemic, Covid Convenient Training in *Business Development, *Real Estate and Finance. *Business Development *Real Estate Professionals. *Nursing, Mini Pre-Medical School *Career Pathways/ Workforce Development *Earn College Credits
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2023, 5:00 PM – Jun 14, 2023, 7:30 PM
Denson-EL University (DEU)
About the Event
Denson EL University (DEU), a Non-Profit 501(C3).
“There is No True Recovery Without Economic Recovery”
We understand that there is no true recovery without economic recovery. Our Partnership Accredited entrepreneurship training (articles of organization and EIN awarded upon completion) and business education programs (TAP Detroit/Business In a Bag/SBIRT Power/DEG Total Business/ect), allows the individual to employ today’s technology to build and create their own Post Pandemic, Covid Convenient economic futures while employing their peers. This in turn reduces the Underemployment, Criminal Recidivism, and Substance use Rates within our community. Additionally, we believe that through Education, Prevention, Treatment & Recovery, Housing & Home Ownership, Employment & Entrepreneurship, Art & STEM, Business Education, and Community Participation, we will positively affect every individual in the recovery community as a whole.
Upon completion of Economic Recovery programs offered on each campus/ estate, Students will receive certificates in business education, career and franchise opportunities, optional college credits up to an associates degree in TAP Detroit- culinary arts, hospitality & Merchant Seamen, Become SBIRT Certified from Wayne State University College of Nursing and Social Work, and more. Each participating client/ individual will Earn up to $2500 business startup scholarship based on their Person Centered Plan (PCP) and level of program participation. (See Accredited & Non-Accredited Courses Below.)
On Campus Courses and Site Locations :
PRIMUS HANKERSON HALL:
Sports & Athletics
- DEU Detroit Titans Football: 5710 McClellan Detroit, Mi 48213, Bilaal Collins, Coach, Instructor: Football, Health & Fitness, Leadership Development, Propblem Solving, Community Involvement, Ethics, Discipline, College Prep
- DEU GGB Cubs Football: 4400 Boston, Detroit, MI 48204 Charlie Grant, Coach, Instructor. Football, Health & Fitness, Mentoring, Leadership training, community engagement, teamwork, recreation, integrity.
- DEU FLAVA Squad- Highschool Cheer Team, 20225 Beaconsfield, Harper Woods, MI 48225, Vania Moore, Coach, Mentor: Sideline and Competitive Cheer, Gymnastics, and Mentoring Young Ladies.
- DEU AYA Pom Team- Pom Team. 13130 Grove Street, Detroit 48235, Lynn Douglas, Coach, Mentor. Intro to Dance, Conditioning the body, Genres of Dance, Partnership and Leadership Training, Learning to trust your partner and work together, coreography, grades K-5.
- DEU AYA Cheer Squad: 13130 Grove Street, Detroit 48235, Lynn Douglas, Coach, Mentor. Intro to Dance, Conditioning the body, Genres of Dance, Partnership and Leadership Training, Learning to trust your partner and work together, coreography, grades 6-8.
- DEU Parkridge Teen Fit Zone: 591 Armstrong, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, Shane McMullan, Celebrity Fitness Trainer. Sports and Fitness Trainin, Nutrion Programing, form and techniques, individaul fitness goals, teamwork, sportsmanship and competitve training.
- DEU Youth Development Basketball Training (YDBT): 29380 John R, Madison Heights MI, 48071, Marquel Ingram, Coach. We offer baskegtball and fitness training to teach the youth how great physical health can lead to a long healthy life. Fitness Training, Mentorship, Basketball
- DEU Chess Masters: T'Mando Denson-EL,M.D. Coordinator. School students k-12 Across the state of Michigan Participate in a 59 day chess league. A League of our states brightest minds compete for multiple $5K - $10K Scholarship Opportunities, Cash Prizes, Life skills, Mentorship, Critical thinking, college preparation, Family Wraparound Services, and more. (ENROLL YOUR SCHOOL TODAY!)
LOUIS & LOUVINA FAGAN HALL:
Nursing, Allied Health & Science
Marie Rose's "Mini Pre-Med School"
- "Mini Pre-Med School": R. Denson-EL, Nurse, Instructor: Learn about the healthcare industry, requirements to and pre-med school. Students will be equipped with information to help create Advanced healthcare decisions and greater influence over their own holistic healthcare, reeducate themselves on the integral aspects associated with doctors, nurses and health institutions, learn about preventative and holistic medicine, See their career paths beyond high school to potential Career Paths in Health Care and Medical School. Principles of Nursing and health Care, CPR Training, Screening and Asessment, Vital signs, Geriatric Care, Navigating, Primary Healthcare, Partnership with Hospitals, Urgent Care Clinics, and Rehabilitation sites, Preparation for State Certification and Employment.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training (LPN, LVN, Cert, Dipl, AAS): Mariee Rose' prepares individuals to assist in providing general nursing care under the direction of a registered nurse, physician or dentist. Includes instruction in taking patient vital signs, applying sterile dressings, patient health education and assistance with examinations and treatment. Must be within 12 - 18 months of graduation date.
- Yes We CNA: (Certified Nursing Assistant Training/Employment)(accredited)
- EMT & Fire Certification Course: Emergency Medical Technician Course. This EMT Course is Accepted for NREMT Certification. This EMT training course is a self directed, interactive, campus learning course that is accepted for NREMT Certification. The course curriculum covers all EMT knowledge and skill requirements for the new EMT National Education Standards (NES). Upon successful completion of this emt basic course a student will be authorized to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) practical skills and cognitive examinations. After passing the examinations the student will be awarded NREMT EMT Certification. These certification exams are used as a basis for state licensure or certification in most states. They are also widely accepted for reciprocity during the licensure process for your state.
- Brute Force First Responders: First Aid, CPR, AED and Basic Life Support (BSL). Adult CPR/AED, Pediatric CPR, Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED, Adult First Aid/CPR/AED, This course will prepare students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid, breathing, and cardiac, emergencies involving adults and meets OSHA/workplace requirements, This is a blended learning course including an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skill session. Upon successful completion of this course they will receive a digital certificate for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED. valid for two years.
- SBIRT Power (SBIRT Training and Certification)- Wayne State University (accredited): Students Learn to Provide Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment Certification. (Behavioral Anaylsts, Intervention Specialists, Outreach, Screeners, Staffing)(Employment)
- Fuel Your Brain: 510 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198, Shane McMullan, Celebrity Fitness Trainer. Importance of Physical fitness in relation to mental health, Nutrition, Food Properties, Physiological effects of diet, Identifying Hyperactivity and management techniques, Environmental Influences, Family, School Personnel, Peers, Volunteers and Mentors.
KYERA WILLIAMS HALL:
Business Development & Entrepreneurship
- Business In a Bag (Business Development), Kyera Williams, Instructor: properly structured LLC or Non-Profit, EIN Number, Sales Tax Certificate, TradeMark and Copyrights, Business Tax Return Preparation, Marketing & Branding, etc. (Virtual Access)
- DEG Total Business (Real Estate & Finance), T'Mando Denson-EL, M.D., Instructor: (employment)(Become a Professional Real Estate Investor (PRI)-Make Money In Real Estate with no money down): Wholesale, Flip, Exit Strategies, Writing The Deal, Fund The Deal (Virtual Access)
- Babies 2 Business:
- N'Corporate Detroit (accredited): Inc Tha D | N'corporate Detroit : Wireless Cell Phone Company, Gas & Electric/Energy Provider, Merchant Processing Company, Home Automation Services, Internet & Television Provider (Virtual Access), Customer Service, Sales
- Junior Entrepreneurs 101: 22122 W. Mchnicols rd., Detroit, MI 48219, Amber Harrison, Instructor. Ratchet Assets: Junior Entrepreneurs. The entrepreneurship program is designed to provide middle school students with the knowledge and skills needed to start and grow a business within their community. The program covers a wide range of topics including entrepreneurship basics, digital marketing, financial literacy, business planning, and emerging trends and technologies. students will learn how to identify opportunities, develop a business idea, create a marketing strategy, manage finances, and develop a comprehensive business plan. They will also learn about the legal and regulatory aspects of starting a business, as well as how to grow and scale their business. innovation, design thinking and problem-solving, networking and negotiation. designed to develop students' mathematical and literacy skills, critical thinking and problem-solving.
DREW ALI Hall:
Moorish Culture & Idenification
- Moorish-American History: _______,Instructor: Nationality, Geography, Moorish-American Prinicples, Moorish American, Jurisprudence, Moors in History, Moorish Culture and Identification, Moorish Business, 100 Days of "OUR STORY" (Not His Story)
- JuneteenthDetroit 2023: Core Park, 6559 Grand River, Detroit, Mi 48208, T'Mando Denson-EL, M.D. Director, Tenitia "Goddess Purple Love", Program Director: JuneteenthDetroit, Inc and WorldWide Core Radio and it' students Celebrate The Motor City's Greatest Flavors, Brands, Artists and Taste Buds with This CORE TV Original Presentation.. JuneteenthDetroit 2023 "Taste The City"- The Globe's Motor City Taste Fest. Hundreds of Chefs, Grills, And Food Trucks show off their Original Detroit Styles and Flavors before a Three day audience of Of Jazz, Rock, Roots Bands, Hip-Hop, R&B, Poets and Comedic Artists. This Year JuneteenthDetroit 2022 Hosts the 3rd ANNUAL "Globe Awards", "TASTE THE CITY", 7th Annual "ANOTHER R&B AFFAIR, "THE CULTURE"- an Art Affair, Core TV's Auto Show, Clowns, etc. JuneteenthDetroit 2023 is held annually on PRIVATE LAND (a Reservation/Museum) here at "African Town, Core Park" with 20,000+ cars daily avearage & Thousands in foot traffic. This "Arena Without Walls" has hosted National and International Artists as well as Our Own Local Celebrities, community events and campaigns for years. This International Tourist attraction has risen to the forefront with it's Covid Convenient Attributes, Agility, Location in the City. Dedicated to bolstering the economy of our own independent and talented Students, Core Park is The People's Park. Watch CORE TV and the Core Television Networkwith with a combined 111+million viewers on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV. DOWNLOAD THE CORE TV APP! And Download The WorldWide Core Radio App. Good Will starts at home. JuneteenthDetroit 2023
- African Culture & Idenification: Sawande Keita, Instructor: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Drumming, Djembe, Djun-Djun, Language of the Drum, Wisdom & Teachings of The Drum, Principles of Drumming, Significance of the Drum, Drum Circles and Meditation.
SAM MACKEY HALL:
Visual & Performing Arts
- Detroit Youth Choir (DYC): 8425 W, Mcnichols, Detroit, MI 48221, Anthony White, Instructor. World Class performing arts experience that develops their creative skills and talents through music education, dance and theatrical arts.
- Fresh Movement Dance Center: 21700 Greenfield Rd St #LL07, Oak Park MI 48237, Lynn Douglas, Instructor. Intro to Dance, Conditioning the body, Genres of Dance, Partnership and Leadership Training, Learning to trust your partner and work together, coreography,
- Music is Therapy: 11121 W. Jefferson Ave, River Rouge 48218, Walter Suber, Instructor. Musical therapy, Health and Wellness, Healthy Food Choices
- Arts & Fashion: Bridgett Rice, Instructor: Sewing, Arts & Crafts, Jewelry & Fashion Design, Entrpreneurship, Sustainabilty and Upcycling, Start Your Business Today.
- African Culture & Idenification: Sawande Keita, Instructor: Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Drumming, Djembe, Djun-Djun, Language of the Drum, Wisdom & Teachings of The Drum, Principles of Drumming, Significance of the Drum, Drum Circles and Meditation
- Dreams After School Performing Arts Talent Development Program: Old Redford Academy 22122 W. Mchnicols Rd, Detroit, MI 48219 Jamar Jones, Instructor The objective of this program is to provide the students with something fun and engaging that gives students the platform to develop and expose their talents. Students will have the chance to be creative and have an outlet to express themselves through music, dance, poetry and Theatrical Arts.
AL WHITEHEAD HALL:
Culinary Arts & Elementary Food Prep
- Vegan Health & Well Being: 19321 W. Chicago, Detroit Mi 48228 Harriette Brown, Instructor: Health & Welness Program, Sanitation & Hygiene, Exposure to fundamental skills, Menu planning, pricing, and inventory control, Kitchen Management, Vegan Recipes & Healthy Living, Vegan Soulfood, Externship is included in the program
- TAP Detroit (accredited): Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Merchant Seaman, earn up to a 2 year associate's degree, etc.
- Your Health & Wealth is Top Priority: 31509 Plymouth, Livonia MI, 48150 Tiyana Boykin Health & Well being. You are what you eat, digestion, nutrients, food groups, organic versus gmo, meal planning, healthy recipes, gardening, systems of the body, self care and more.
ALLAN OLIVER HALL:
Brute Force Academy
Crisis Management, Anger Management, First Aid/CPR/AED and Basic Life Support (BLS), Security and Patrols
- Crisis Management 101: This course on crisis management offers students the basics in identifying, preventing, and controlling crisis situations. Crisis management basics, from preparation to training and compliance are discussed, as are variousstages of a crisis, and the need to establish a crisis management team. Clearly identifying the roles and functions of each crisis management team member is essential for the ultimate success of contingency planning, which is also discussed. This course also helps students identify potential risks or situations that may precipitate a crisis or emergency and learn approaches on how to respond to such incidents.
- Conflict Resolution 101: This conflict resolution course will prepare students to handle and mediate conflicts as they arise in any setting. The first half of this course will primarily address the first type of business conflict -- horizontal conflict -- and will address it to all numbers of people, from one-on-one, to groups-on-groups. Some of the principles they learn here will apply to the vertical conflict, as well as outward conflict and inner conflict. This course will prepare them to analyze, handle and mediate conflicts as they arise in any setting. They will learn how you can avoid conflict from developing, and methods they can use to resolve conflict that are occurring and affecting the workplace.
- Anger Management 101: This insightful anger management course will help students learn how to recognize, manage and control their anger before it takes control of their actions and life. This course will provide the information they will need to end the anger cycle and live up to their true potential.
- First Aid/CPR/AED and Basic Life Support (BLS): This course will prepare students to recognize and care for a variety of first aid, breathing, and cardiac emergencies involving adults and meets OSHA/workplace requirements. This is a blended learning course including an online portion and an instructor-led classroom skill session. Upon successful completion of this course they will receive a digital certificate for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED valid for two years.
- Security and Patrols 101: Have a clear understanding of what a security guard is. Know what a security guard’s primary functions are. Have the ability to differentiate between security and police. Know how to deal with people on a professional level. Understand liability and indemnification related to security guards. Have a clear understanding about the Use of ForcePossess the skills to write an effective Field Report. Identify general law enforcement terms & amp; processes
Beauty Business & Pre-Cosmotology
- Blue Head Betty: Tiffany Smith, Instructor: Youth Cosmetology and Beauty. Blue Head Betty Teen Academy is to redirect young ladies energy by training them to obtain a creative skill. We provide weekly workshop to build self-esteem, Confidence and self-awareness to young girls ages 9-16 through Hair, Art & Beauty
- Making Cosmetics for Beginners: 31509 Plymouth Rd, Livonia, MI 48150. Juss Bri Cosmetics, Briana Boykin, Instructor. Students will learn- the Importance of Skin Care, how to make Healthy Products, Sanitation, Makeup, Scrubs, Hair Growth Serum, Lip Balm and more. Entrepreneurship, Beauty
Core University Hall:
Science, Engineering, Technology, Broadcast and Communication
- WorldWide Core Radio: 6551 Grand River, Detroit, 48204 Ausar Zoser, Instructor: Branding, Broadcast & Communications, Videography & Video Editing, Marketing & Radio Advertising, Campaigns, Production, Event Planning, Starting Your Own Radio Station, Onboarding. (employment)
- SounTubeNation Radio: 1634 E. Seven Mile, Highland Park, MI 48203 Moe Davon, Instructor(s): Sound Engineering, Radio Hosting, Public Speaking, Self Confidence, Graphic Designs,
- The Core Television Network- Core TV: Television, Film, Screenwrite, Writing Treatments, Lenses and Strategies, Branding, Videography & Video Editing, Scoring, Special Effects, Voice Overs, Marketing & TV Advertising, Campaigns, Pre and Post Production, Starting Your Television Show. (employment).
- Chem Photography : Kym Avara, Instructor: Teaching students the basics of Photography. What is Photography - Shutter Speed - Aperture - ISO - Composition - Metering - Camera Modes - Focusing - Flash - Camera Settings - How to take sharp photos - Editing Photos / Editing Softwares - Meaning and importance of colors - Hospitality.
THEO CAMILLE HALL:
Student Counseling, Tutor and Mentor Enrichment Programs (Behavioral & Mental Health)
DEC Student counseling and mentor programs serve as the primary behavioral health resource for our higher education campus communities and their students. Services are designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop personal insight, identify and solve problems, and implement positive strategies to better manage their lives both academically and personally. Services include individual, family, and/or group counseling, prevention, education, and outreach.
- Brilliant Detroit-Littlefield: 12789 Indiana Avenue, Detroit, MI 48238, Andrew Cox, Mentor.
- Brilliant Detroit-
- Cocoa's Corner: 45810 Woodward Ave. Pontiac, Michigan 48341, Christina Sanders, Mentor and Coach: Self Awareness, Undrstanding Boundaries, Health and Wellness, Life after Highschool Goals, Family Dynamics, Emotional health, Art Appreciation, Community Engagement, Music Appreciation, Cultural Differences, Earth Appreciation (seed planting), College Prep, Money Management, Self Expressions through Poetry, Confidence Building and Benifits or Organization.
- Youth R Us: 8811 Schoolcraft, Detroti, Mi 48238, Brandon Baker, Mentor, Coach, Counselor. Tutoring, Basketball Training, Etiquette Training, Financila Literacy, Grief Counseling, Art, Health and Wellness and community outreach.
- Mystic Falcon Tai Chi: Haru Neteru, Instructor: Tai Chi for health, self defense, longevity and fitness. Students Will Learn Balance skills, Coordination, Discipline, Leadership Development, and Conflict Resolution to Strengthen will. Teaches Bagua Xing Yi Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong
- Building Better Men Program Odis Bellinger, Director/Founder. We provide a male mentoring and leadership development program for young males in grades 3-12. Our mission is to enhance the social, mental, and academic development of the future male leaders that we serve. Our vision is that these future male leaders will become positive contributors of their respective communities. We utilize a 12-week curriculum, that incudes journal writing, thought process exercises, public speaking development, social and emotional learning exercises, literacy enhancement and participant role play for character building and decision-making skills.
- Step Into Success: 510 Emerick St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198, Shane McMullan, Coach and Celebrity Fitness Trainer. School based Mentorship and Teen Buildign program created to address the Behavioral and Mental Challenges that our yourface today. Students shall gain skills in Leadership, Motivation and Stress Mangement, Social Awareness, Problem Solving, Emotional and Social Intelligence Coaching, Learning from Failure, Active Listening, Accountability, Solutions for common physical and emotion stressors.
- Youth R Us: 8811 Schoolcraft, Detroit MI 48238, Brandon Baker, Coach, Mentor.
- Winners are Committed: 18891 St. Louis Ave, Detroit MI 48234, LaQuanda Davis, Coach, Mentor. Empowerment, Being My Best Self, Building and maintaining a support syestem, utilizing your mentor, daily planning, community participation, stress coping skills, and mastering self control, conflict resolution, handling peer pressure and more.
- Inc Tha D "Homework Help". After-School Help Tutoring Programs. We listen to your family’s unique needs and help to determine the best after-school tutoring plan to reduce stress after work and after school to free up valuable family time. N'Corporate Detroit after-school tutoring includes: Certified teachers or qualified mentors.
- “C.O.L.T.S.” Counselors Obtaining Less Trouble for Troubled Students has always been focused on the whole child. Our C.O.L.T.S. Coaches provide the confidence to socialize and succeed, and hope of a brighter future. In addition to working directly with students, program goals are realized through outreach, partnerships, and consultation initiatives with faculty, staff, parents, students’ internships sites, or other educational entities or community partners.
- Shine Bright Like a Diamond: Nyah MCreynolds, 591 Armstrong, Ypsilanti, 48197. Many youths today, sad to say are bullied and can experience negative physical, social, emotional, academic, and mental health issues. Kids who are bullied are more likely to experience. Bullying can affect everyone especially those who are bullied, those who bully, and even those who witness bullying. Along with suicide, Pts. fear and anxiety to name a few. In this program we will be discussing each topic and providing tools, resources, mentoring and a safe space to discuss and be free about being a part of the LGBTQ community.
- Strive- Stress Management: 8811 Schoolcraft Rd, Detroit, MI 482238, Lacree Taylor, Mentor, Coach. Designe to actively help reduce the stress levels in youth by developing healthy routines and techniques for stress triggers and anxiety.
- “DEC Recovery Estates”: Our Luxurious Estates Offer the Highest Quality Recovery Support, Campus Living and Educational Systems in Wayne County including Behavioral, Mental and Economic Recovery. Each Center provides emotional, mental, physical and spiritual support, along with long term Socio-Economic Recovery Solutions for individuals while residing “ON CAMPUS”. Students receive up to two FREE full semesters of DEG Total Business Academy. Residents living on Campus will have a choice to earn College Credits up to and including Associates Degree in Culinary Arts & Hospitality, or “Major” in over two dozen career and employment opportunities, a dozen Sponsored Franchise Opportunities, and $1000 -$2500 Business Start-Up Scholarships depending on “Major”. (students must Live On Campus)
A. Barrack Obama Leadership Academy: 10800 Canfield Detroit, MI 48214
B. Barrack Obama Leadership Academy: 10700 Santa Maria Detroit, MI 48221
C. Voyageur Academy: 4321 Military Detroit, MI 48228
D. Alkebulan Village: 7701 Harper Detroit, MI 48213
E. J’Chishons Business Plaza: 17151 Wyoming Detroit, MI 48235
F. Nandis Knowledge Café: 71 Oak Man Blvd. Highland Park, MI 48203
G. Detroit City Airport: 11499 Conner St, Detroit, MI 48213
H. RahZiah’s Natural Vegan Food:
I. Everett’s Cosmetology School: 227 Iron St. 133 Detroit, MI 48207
J. Bert’s Marketplace: 2727 Russell St. Detroit, MI 48207
K. Law Offices: T. Phillips
L. Oak park High School: 13701 Oak Park Blvd, Oak Park, MI 48237
M. Harper Woods High School: 20225 Beaconsfield St, Harper Woods, MI 48225
1. Equestrian: Detroit Equestrian Play Therapy: Provides Equestrian education to students and adults. DEPT uses Equestrian education as play therapy.
2. Chess Clubs/Tournaments: Provides students the opportunity to learn the game of Chess and compete with their peers at regional and national competitions.
3. Future Pilots of America: Provides future Pilots the opportunity to obtain a Pilot’s license before graduating High School.
4. Engineering: Provides students with career paths and skills in Engineering.
5. African Drumming: Provides students with cultural rhythms, customs, and drumming techniques. Performances and cultural events.
6. African Dancing: Provides students with knowledge of cultural dance historically. Teaches traditional creative movements. Performances and cultural events.
7. Photography: Provides students with a beginning, intermediate, and advanced photography.
8. Martial Arts: Professionally trained instructors provide various martial art disciplines to students and adults.
9. Foreign Language: Students and adults are provided with French and Spanish beginning, intermediate, and advanced courses.
10. Grant Writing: Students and adults are provided with basic grant writing skills.
11. Future Lawyers: Students work closely with licensed attorneys, trained to become lawyers.
12. Rocket Science: Students work with airplane engineers at the Detroit Airport to build and fly their own Rockets.
13. Art: Everything Art! Even Metal Art.
14. Screen Printing: Students are taught how to screen print designs.
15. Agriculture: Students are taught how to pant and grow their own food. All about seeds and farming.
16. Animation and caricature: Students are taught how create, draw, and publish animation.
17. Girl’s Mentoring available before and after school.
18. Boy’s Mentoring available before and after school.
19. Podcasting: Students are taught how to create podcast.
20. Musicians: Students are taught the music business. Creating songs, recording songs, engineers songs, copy write, etc.
21. Jewelry Making: Students make, market, and sell jewelry.
22. Natural Hair & Cosmetology: Students are taught how to care for and style natural hair.
23. Medical: Students are taught by licensed Doctors how to become Doctors.
24. Poetry: Students are taught how to write, perform, and publish their own poetry.
25. Construction: Students are guided toward apprentices in the construction business.
26. Mortician: Students are taught how to become Morticians.
27. Veterinarian: Students are taught how to become vets.
28. Event Planning: Our celebrations, students are taught how to plan their own cultural holiday celebrations. They will be working with city officials to secure permits, complete contracts, negotiate space rates, etc.
29. Book Clubs: Students will engage in sound book club studies.
30. Artifacts/Historians: Students will engage in researching, documenting, and correcting Herstory/History from the eyes of their own culture.
31. Entrepreneurs: Food trucks: Students will learn hands on how to create their own food truck business. At Bert’s Eastern Market
32. Entrepreneurs: At Bert’s Eastern Market
33. Drum Line: Students learn and perform in a drum line.
34. Marching Band: Students learn and perform in a marching band.
35. Robotics: Student create a robot for competition.
36. Sewing: Students learn how to make their own clothes.
37. Manufacturing: Students learn the importance of manufacturing hands on.
38. Meditation: Available before and after school.
39. Leadership courses: Students learn the skills all leaders have. Available before and after school.
40. Grocery Store: Students learn how to start and operate a grocery store.
41. Financial Literacy: Students learn how to trade.
42. Massage Therapy: Students are taught various yoga practices and movements.
43. Dog Grooming and Training: Students are taught how to groom and train dogs.
44. T-Shirts: Students are taught how to create their own T-Shirt business.
45. Su-Su: Students are taught the algorithm of Su Su. Cooperative economics.
46. Barber: Student are taught how to cut hair hands on.
47. Drama: Students are taught how to produce plays.
48. Fire Fighters: Students are taught how to become firemen and paramedics.
These opportunities will undoubtedly provide long term Behavioral, Mental and Economic support to the student, their family, and community.